APS : Sunday, 12 June 2016
ALGIERS-The Acting Coordinator for Counterterrorism in the Bureau of Counterterrorism (CT) at the U.S. Department of State Justin Siberell hailed Sunday Algeria’s role in maintaining stability in the Sahel region and the fight against the scourge of terrorism.
“Algeria plays a leading role in the region and has always worked for stability” in this region, Siberell told the press after the 3rd Algeria-US meeting on security.
He also welcomed Algeria’s “leadership” in counterterrorism, recalling that it is a “founding member” of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF).
As regards the works of the meeting, the US official stated that “very interesting and fruitful” talks took place between the US delegation and its Algerian counterpart led by Minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
He added both parties broached several issues, particularly the recent developments in the region and the “strong” cooperation between both countries.
“Partnership between Algeria and the US is very strong and we seek to further strengthen it in the future, like we did today through very interesting discussions,” Siberell stressed.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée