APS : Monday, 31 August 2015
Director of the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) Cindy J. Smith has started Monday a two-day working visit to Algeria, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
During her visit, the UN official will hold meetings at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Interior and Local Authorities with a view to promoting cooperation with our country in the areas of expertise of her institute. She will be also received at the National Economic and Social Council (CNES),” said the statement.
Her visit will be also an opportunity for the signing of “a memorandum on the creation of a regional office for North Africa and Sahel,” said the statement.
“The opening of the office is in line with the implementation of the European Union Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence Initiative (CBRN), which is based in Algiers,” added the statement.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart