APS : Tuesday, 16 February 2016
WASHINGTON – Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas Shannon will pay visit to Algeria from 20 to 22 February, as part of a regional tour, he started on Tuesday, announced Tuesday US State Department.
In Algiers, the US Under Secretary of State will meet with senior Algerian officials to examine “the strong cooperation” between the two countries, notably in the fight against terrorism, the same source added.
Thomas Shannon will also discuss investment opportunities in Algeria, with company managers and operators.
He is also expected to meet Algerian youngsters who had benefited from the English teaching initiatives granted by US Embassy in Algiers.
Shannon will also visit Tunisia, Burkina Faso and Mali.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region