APS : Sunday, 06 March 2016
ALGIERS- The United Nations seeks to find a “political, just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution” based on the “self-determination” of the Sahrawi people, said Sunday in Algiers the UN chief, Ban Ki-moon.
“As regards Western Sahara, we have exchanged views on what is being done by the UN for a political, just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution, based on the self-determination of the Sahrawi people,” said Ban following the audience granted to him by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The UN chief said that he discussed with the Head of State regional and international issues, citing Mali and Libya.
In this regard, he praised Algeria’s “active contribution” to peace and stability in the region.
Ban Ki-moon also congratulated Algeria for the adoption of the amended Constitution, and hailed the role of President Bouteflika in this regard,
The UN “stands proudly with Algeria and its people,” he said, paying special tribute to the Algerian youth.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart