APS : Thursday, 17 May 2018
NEW YORK- The United Nations General Assembly celebrated Wednesday, for the first time, the International Day of Living Together in Peace, initiated by Algeria.
Speaking in this celebration, Algeria’s permanent representative at the United Nations, underlined the Algerian experience in promoting the culture of peace, notably the adoption of the Charter for peace and national reconciliation, initiated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to overcome the national tragedy, defeat terrorist scourge and build a strong and prosperous nation, founded on harmony, co-existence and solidarity of its people.
In this regard, the Algerian diplomat said that the Algerian experience has become a model that several countries have adopted to overcome crises.
The celebration of this international Day by the United Nations shows the international community’s commitment to the values of peace, reconciliation, tolerance, inclusion, understanding, fraternity and peaceful co-existence. It also marks its mobilization for the mutual respect, without any distinction as to race, nationality, gender, culture, civilization, language and religion.
President of UN General Assembly, African, Asian, European and American regional groups, the Non-Aligned Movement, the Arab group, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and UNESCO paid a glowing tribute to Algeria for having initiated this Day, congratulating this important contribution from a country which has played and continue to play a pioneering role in promoting the values of peace and solidarity.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina