APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS- Deputy Resident Representativeof the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Algeria Randa Aboul Hosn stressed Monday that Algeria ranks among top countries that works for the “genuine” promotion of women’s rights.
“Significant progress has been achieved in terms of women’s rights promotion in Algeria” thanks to “the support provided by the State”, affirmed Aboul Hosn at Echaab daily forum on “Algeria’s experience in the promotion of woman’s role part of a UN perspective.”
Speaking about the political field, the UNDP official stressed that Algeria was “the only” country in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region that recorded the access of 146 women MPs out of 462 MPs.
As for violence against women, the UNDP representative stressed the importance of awareness-raising to put an end to this phenomenon.
Regarding the role of the UNDP in Algeria, Aboul Hosn affirmed that “priorities for the four upcoming years have been defined, namely the diversification of economy, public service improvement, environment and sustainable development.”
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization