APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS- Deputy Resident Representativeof the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Algeria Randa Aboul Hosn stressed Monday that Algeria ranks among top countries that works for the “genuine” promotion of women’s rights.
“Significant progress has been achieved in terms of women’s rights promotion in Algeria” thanks to “the support provided by the State”, affirmed Aboul Hosn at Echaab daily forum on “Algeria’s experience in the promotion of woman’s role part of a UN perspective.”
Speaking about the political field, the UNDP official stressed that Algeria was “the only” country in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region that recorded the access of 146 women MPs out of 462 MPs.
As for violence against women, the UNDP representative stressed the importance of awareness-raising to put an end to this phenomenon.
Regarding the role of the UNDP in Algeria, Aboul Hosn affirmed that “priorities for the four upcoming years have been defined, namely the diversification of economy, public service improvement, environment and sustainable development.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار