Ulemas, preachers, Imams of Sahel countries express recognition to President Bouteflika
APS : Thursday, 23 March 2017
ALGIERS- The Ulemas, Preachers, and Imams (Muslim scholars) of the Sahel region expressed their recognition to the efforts made by Algeria for the establishment of stability in the region,
under the leadership of the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, “one of the wisest men of the African continent.”
The members of the league of Ulemas, Preachers and Imams of the Sahel region expressed Wednesday, in a final communiqué culminating the action programme on the General Assembly and the 1st training session, “their recognition and respect to Algeria and President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, one of the wisest men of the African continent.”
They also thanked the president of the High Islamic Council (HCI) Bouabdellah Ghlamallah, who ensured the smooth running of the League’s works.
The league’s action programme, which was carried out over two days included, Tuesday, the holding of the 1st General Assembly and the election of Nigerian Murtala Ahmed, new president of the League, in addition to the installation of Youcef Belmehdi as a Secretary General.
The League of the Ulemas of the Sahel includes representatives of countries of the region namely Algeria, Mauritania, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, Chad, in addition to Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal and the Republic of Guinea, as observer countries as part of the Nouakchott process.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles