APS : Sunday, 08 November 2020
NEW YORK (United Nations)- UN General Assembly has elected Algerian Ambassador Larbi Djacta as a member of International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), for a four-year term, and the Algerian diplomat Nabil Kalkoul, as a member of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ)” for a three-year term, from 1 January 2021.
The election by acclamation on Friday, in New York, of these two Algerian diplomats in two extremely important bodies of the United Nations was the result of an active mobilization of the Algerian diplomatic apparatus.
The relevant efforts were made at the level of the regional groups, which led to the endorsement of their candidacies by decisions at the Summit of the African Union and the Council of Ministers of the Arab League, as well as the level of the capitals of various UN member countries.
This election is of particular importance as it reflects the esteem and confidence Algeria enjoys in the international community and the appreciation of its positions within the United Nations.
It is a recognition, by the international community, of the proven capacities of Algeria’s representatives and its role in the progress of the UN reform, including the development and management system and its contribution to the development of UN budgetary policies.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation