APS : Tuesday, 07 February 2023
ALGIERS- Minister of Interior, Local Authorities and National Planning Brahim Merad chaired Monday evening an operation to send a second team of first-aid workers, urgent humanitarian aid to Syria and Turkey,
deeply affected by a powerful quake that hit the two countries
early on Monday morning, leaving according to the latest provisional toll more than 3,700 victims.
On the instruction of President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, a humanitarian aid was sent to two countries in the presence of Director General of the Civil Protection Boualem Boughlef, President of the Algerian Red Crescent Ibtissem Hamlaoui, as well as Syria’s ambassador to Algiers, as part of an urgent humanitarian response to provide assistance to the disaster victims of this terrible seism.
This humanitarian aid made up of 115 tonnes of pharmaceutical and food products, tents for Syria, in addition to 95 tonnes of various kinds of products destined to Turkey.
A second team comprising 86 first-aid workers specialized in the natural disasters of the Civil Protection was sent on Monday evening to Syria to participate in the rescue operations.
In a statement to the press, minister of Interior insisted on President Tebboune’s desire for “Algeria to be at the forefront of the States which provide support to the two brotherly countries,” underscoring that “the President of the Republic gave instructions to take all the necessary measures for this purpose,” insisting that “the teams of the Civil Protection be among the first ones to arrive in the affected areas to provide first aid to the disaster victims.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée