APS : Friday, 09 February 2018
SAKIET SIDI YOUCEF (Tunisia)-Tunisian Prime Minister Youssef Chahed on Thursday welcomed the debate between his country and Algeria on border areas development,
on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of Sakiet Sidi Youcef bombing.
Speaking at Sakiet Sldi Youcef commune headquarters on the occasion of the commemoration of the bloody bombing in this border region, Chahed regarded the development of the border areas between the two countries as a common option, recalling the intensification of bilateral meetings between the two countries in the areas of security and development in particular.
Chahed also called this event as “a symbol of the struggle against colonization and solidarity of the Tunisian people with the brotherly Algerian people.”
According to the Tunisian PM, “this event is reminiscent of the perennial period of both countries’ history and strengthens the patriotic spirit among the rising generations.”
He also stressed that the fight against terrorism was “a joint and coordinated action between the two countries,” recalling Algeria’s support to Tunisia following the terrorist attacks on his country in 2015.
The two Algerian and Tunisian PMs co-chaired the commemorative festivities of the bloody bombing of Sakiet Sidi Youcef on 8 February 1958.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune