APS : Sunday, 15 January 2017
BAMAKO-The final Statement of the Africa-France Summit adopted Saturday in Bamako paid tribute to Algeria’s efforts to fight against extremism and terrorism, hailing the initiative Algeria has taken to hold on May 2017 an
international conference on “the key role of national reconciliation in this field.”
“The Heads of State and Government welcome the efforts made by Algeria to strengthen the regional and international fight against violent extremism and terrorism,” said the Statement.
Participants in the Summit “noted with appreciation Algeria’s interest in holding a new international conference in the spring of 2017 devoted to the key role of national reconciliation in this field,” added the Statement.
The Head of State and Government highlighted “the importance of the works on deradicalization policies of social networks and internet, democracy and the rule of law in the fight against violent extremism and terrorism.”
Facing the danger of radicalization and violent extremism to security and stability, they called for “strengthening regional and international cooperation in the fight against these phenomena.”
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister