YOKOHAMA (Japan)- August 27th
Algeria has called, through its Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum on Tuesday in Yokohama, to consider the African continent as a dynamic space that is actively contributing to the global economic expansion.
“Algeria considers that the shared ambition for a special partnership under the TICAD (Tokyo International Conference on Africa Development), required a paradigm shift to move from a vision of a continent reduced to a recipient of aid or a reservoir of raw materials, a trade and consumer market, and a continent shaken by many crises and conflicts, to a dynamic economic space actively participating in the development of global economy,” Boukadoum said at the preparatory meeting for TICAD 7, to take place from 28 to 30 August.
The Foreign minister underlined the need for genuine commitment of Africa’s international partners to build the continent’s human capacity.
“This requires a real technology transfer that would allow Africa to develop its potential for the industrial processing of its natural resources and the creation of jobs and wealth, and to involve all the sections of African societies, including children, women and the private sector,” he said.
Boukadoum added that since its launch in 1993, “TICAD has significantly contributed to boosting economic growth and sustainable development in the African continent, and should continue to adapt to the changes occurring in Africa, with the legitimate ambition to build an equal, dynamic and proactive partnership.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy