Terrorist attacks in Ouagadougou: Messahel offers Algeria's condolences
APS : Thursday, 21 January 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel has offered, Thursday at the Embassy of Burkina Faso in Algiers, the condolences of the Algerian State following the terrorist attacks that targeted a hotel in Ouagadougou last week, killing 29 people and injuring many others.
Messahel, who was accompanied by executives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, wrote in the book of condolences at Burkina Faso’s Embassy.
“It is with deep sorrow and great dismay that we have learned of the new appalling terrorist attacks that hit the capital Ouagadougou leaving many innocent victims,” wrote Messahel.
“Algeria condemns in the strongest terms these criminal and appalling terrorist attacks and ensure the brotherly Burkinabe people of its profound solidarity,” he said.
“In these painful circumstances, we would like to share in the grief of Burkina Faso, by extending, on behalf of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika and all Algerian state institutions, the most sincere condolences and sympathy to the brotherly Burkinabe people and to the families of the innocent victims,” he added.
Messahel also reiterated Algeria’s solidarity, adding “we are convinced that the people of Burkina Faso will mobilize all their forces to overcome this ordeal.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée