APS : Tuesday, 01 August 2017
ALGIERS- Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune received Tuesday, in Algiers, British Minister of State, Minister for International Development and Minister of State for the Middle East Alistair Burt
who is on a working visit to Algiers, accompanied by Lord Richard Risby, representative of the British Prime Minister, in charge of the economic partnership with Algeria, said a communiqué of the Prime Minister’s Office.
“ The talks allowed the two sides to examine the progress of the bilateral relations which were marked, in the past few years, by a significant momentum for the strengthening of the channels of dialogue and consultations set up by the officials of the two countries on political and security issues,” said the source.
“While welcoming the important progress made in this regard, the two sides underlined their common willingness to strengthen these relations based on permanent dialogue,” added the source.
Broaching the Economic cooperation component, the two sides “reiterated their willingness to continue their efforts aimed at removing all the obstacles likely to thwart the implementation of the projects of major partnerships already identified and also at working for new areas of cooperation, beyond the traditional sectors relating mainly to the sector of energy,” according to the source.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune