APS : Saturday, 29 July 2017
ALGIERS- Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune held discussion Saturday, with the Chairman of the Presidential Council of Libya’s Government of National Accord Fayez Al-Sarraj, who is on a working visit to Algeria,
said the Prime Minister’s office in a communiqué.
The meeting focused on “the latest development made at the security and political levels in Libya, particularly the steps made in the process to settle the crisis in the country.”
Sarraj presented “the upcoming deadlines related to the strengthening of inter-Libyan dialogue. On this occasion, he paid tribute to the President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika for the particular interest he grants to the settlement of the crisis in his country, and Algeria’s continued unvarying efforts in the support of the Libyan parties in their search of a political solution based on dialogue and national reconciliation,” said the source.
For his part, Tebboune “welcomed the recent meetings that took place between the various Libyan parties, particularly between President Fayez al-Sarraj and Marshal Khalifa Hafta, that Algeria considers as positive development able to achieve the process leading to a political, inclusive and lasting solution to the crisis in this neighbouring sister country,” added the statement.
The foreign ministers of both countries Abdelkader Messahel and Mohamed Tahar Siyala took part in this meeting.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces