In a statement to the media yesterday, Monday, the Moroccan minister of Justice had announced that the Kingdom of Morocco had accepted the humanitarian aid proposed by Algeria, and which would be dispatched in coordination with the Moroccan ministry of Foreign Affairs.
On the basis of this declaration, the Algerian ministry of Foreign Affairs informed its Moroccan counterpart, through Algeria’s Consulate General in Casablanca and Morocco’s Consulate General in Algiers, of the measures taken by the Algerian government for the mobilization of three high-capacity aircraft for the transport of the humanitarian aid to Morocco according to the essential needs in the event of natural disasters.
Algeria’s Consul General in Casablanca was in contact with the emergency committee, created at the Moroccan ministry of Foreign Affairs, to formalize Algeria’s proposal for assistance.
While the operation was completed, and at the insistence of Algerian authorities in the afternoon and evening of yesterday, the Moroccan ministry of Foreign Affairs got in touch, before midnight, with Algeria’s Consul General in Casablanca.
The director general of the Moroccan ministry of Foreign Affairs informed the Algerian Consul that after evaluation, the Kingdom of Morocco was not in need of the humanitarian aid proposed by Algeria.
The Algerian government takes note of the official response of Morocco whose obvious consequences are drawn.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya