APS : Thursday 24 January 2019
ALGIERS- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov started Wednesday evening a two-day visit to Algeria, at the invitation of his Algerian counterpart, Abdelkader Messahel.
Lavrov was welcomed upon his arrival in Houari-Boumediene international airport of Algiers, by Messahel.
The visit comes within the framework of the regular political dialogue and permanent consultation between the two countries, launched after the signing of a Joint Statement on Strategic Partnership between Algeria and Russia, on 2 April 2001, following President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s visit to Russia.
It comes on the eve of the ninth session of Algeria-Russia Joint Economic Committee, to be held January 28-30 in Moscow.
Lavrov’s visit to Algeria will be an opportunity for the two sides to examine the state and prospects of bilateral relations between the two countries and discuss major regional and international issues.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony