APS : Tuesday, 22 January 2019
ALGIERS-At the invitation of his counterpart Abdelkader Messahel, Russia’s Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov will be on a two-day visit to Algeria, the Ministry announced Tuesday in a communiqué.
According to the communiqué, “the visit is part of regular political dialogue and permanent consultation between the two countries since the signing of the Joint Statement on strategic partnership between Algeria and the Federation of Russia on 2 April 2001, following President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s visit to Russia.”
“Moreover, the visit predates the 9th session of the Algeria-Russia Joint Committee scheduled for 28-30 January 2019 in Moscow,” said the source.
“Both FMs will discuss the prospects of bilateral ties and major regional and international issues, notably the recent developments in Libya, as well as the situation in the Sahel region, Mali, Syria and Western Sahara,” said the source.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum