Senate: Bensalah installs Friendship Groups with 12 parliaments
APS : Thursday, 23 February 2017
ALGIERS- Chairman of the Council of the Nation (Upper House) Abdelkader Bensalah on Thursday installed the Groups of Fraternity and Friendship with the parliaments of 12 countries.
Algeria has Parliamentary Friendship Groups with France, Poland, Indonesia and Pakistan. They are chaired by members of the Presidential Third Group at the Senate.
While the Friendship and fraternity groups led by members of the parliamentary group of the National Liberation Front party links Algeria to Spain, China and Saudi Arabia respectively.
Further friendship and fraternity groups chaired by members of the National Democratic Rally party are the groups Algeria-Switzerland, Algeria-United Kingdom, Algeria-Kuwait and Algeria-Jordan.
Bensalah said that the parliamentary groups reflected the parliamentary diplomacy by contributing to the rapprochement of peoples, the consolidation of the culture of dialogue, the dissemination of human values and the search for legislative solutions to challenges facing the world.
He called upon the presidents of these groups to defend Algeria’s positions, promote parliamentary action and raise its instruments in line with its supreme interests and in line with the guidance on the foreign policy given the president of the Republic.
“The reference of the Council’s foreign policy action is drawn from the principles of the 1 November Revolution based on the struggle against colonialism and the defense of just causes in the world, like the Palestinian and Saharawi causes,” said Bensalah.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée