APS : Monday, 29 January 2018
ALGIERS-Secretary of the Russian Federation Security Council Nikolai Patrushev will be on a two-day visit to Algeria as from Tuesday leading an important delegation made up of senior officials from various Russian
institutions, announced the Foreign Ministry in a communiqué.
Russian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Mikhail Bogdanov will also be part of this delegation.
During the visit, Patrushev will be received by Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel with whom he will “discuss some bilateral issues and both countries’ agenda under the strategic bilateral dialogue.”
Moreover, both officials “will assess the strategic partnership between Algeria and Russia in the light of the results of the high level visits exchanged in the two last years.”
Messahel and Patrushev will also discuss “the fight against terrorism and radicalization as well as the situation in the Sahel region, Libya, the Middle East and the efforts to stabilize the situation in Syria.”
Patrushev will be received by senior Algerian officials, concluded the source.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum