APS : Sunday, 28 February 2016
ALGIERS-Portugal’s Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva stressed Sunday in Algiers that President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika “is a great friend of Portugal.”
“President Bouteflika is a great fr0iend of Portugal. He is very attentive to the development of bilateral political and economic relations,” Santos Silva affirmed after his meeting with the Head of State.
The two countries share “common positions” within international organizations, Santos Silva added.
After recalling that Algeria hosted Portuguese fighters during Salazar’s dictatorship, the Portuguese FM highlighted President Bouteflika’s “key role” during this era.
Thanks to President Bouteflika’s efforts, Algeria and Portugal inked a Treaty for Friendship, Good Neighbourhood and cooperation in January 2005.
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries