APS : Thursday, 09 February 2017
ALGIERS- France is “very grateful” to the Algerian government for its diplomatic efforts to restore peace and stability in the region, particularly in Mali and Libya said Wednesday, in Algiers, the president of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the French National Assembly, Elisabeth Guigou.
“We are very grateful to the Algerian government for what it undertook in order to restore peace in Mali, and the efforts made for the settlement of the crisis in Libya, and which is a common concern for our two countries,” said the French official at the end of her meeting with the minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
Underlining the importance of stability in the Sahel region for France and Europe, Guigou stressed the need that the different Libyan parties “reach an agreement,” adding that “it is important for security, the control of the immigration phenomenon, and the fight against radicalization.”
The president of the French assembly said that she “understands” the principle that Algeria has always defended, and according to which “it is the national officials that must take the fate of their countries into their own hands without foreign interference.”
In addition, she underlined that Algeria’s experience in terms of the fight against terrorism “must be a teaching for us,” calling for a “spreading” of this experience in the Algerian-French parliamentary contacts.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy