APS : Monday, 21 March 2016
ALGIERS- The secretary general of the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelhamid Senouci Bereksi, and the World Food Programme (WFP) representative in Algeria,
Romain Sirois, signed Monday in Algiers the Letter of Understanding 2016 between Algeria, as a host country, and the UN humanitarian agency, to ensure the covering of Sahrawi refugees’ basic food commodities.
The signing ceremony, for the support estimated at USD25.235 million, was attended by the Ambassador of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) to Algeria, Bucharaya Hamudi.
“The agreement will allow us to supply food aid to 125,000 refugees living in the camps for more than 40 years,” Sirois said at the end the signing ceremony.
The agreement, crowning a 30-year collaboration between the Algerian government and the World Food Programme (since 1986), “will also allow the distribution of the food aid with the contribution of the Algerian Red Crescent and the Saharawi Red Crescent.
The aid is meant to meet the needs of 125,000 people among the vulnerable refugees.
The agreement also includes two complementary programmes intended for concern children under five years old suffering from malnutrition and pregnant women, whose number has reached 22,500, and 32,500 other children as a support to school canteens.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie