APS : Tuesday, 20 December 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika sent, Tuesday, a condolence message to his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, following the assassination, Monday, of the Russian ambassador to Turkey.
“It is with great emotion and utmost sorrow that I learnt about the coward assassination of late Andrei Karlov, ambassador of the Federation of Russia to Turkey, a great diplomat whose main role was to serve peace, cooperation and the rapprochement between the Russian and Turkish people,” wrote the President of the Republic in his message.
“While strongly condemning this vile and despicable act that cannot be justified, I extend to you, and to the family of the deceased, on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf, my sincere condolences and express compassion and solidarity,’ underlined the Head of State.
“More than ever, the international community is called to join efforts to fight international terrorism. In this regard, I can assure you of my country’s commitment to join efforts to those of the international community in the fight against this scourge, which threatens peace and security in the world,” he added.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea