APS : Thursday, 15 December 2022
WASHINGTON-Prime Minister, Aïmene Benabderrahmane, received in Washington special envoy of the President of the United States of America for the climate, John Kerry, on the sidelines of his participation in the
U.S.-Africa Summit, in his capacity as representative of President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune.
On this occasion, the two parties discussed Algeria’s plan to develop renewable energy exploitation, as well as the opportunities offered to support this plan through recourse to American expertise and advanced technologies in this strategic field.
At the end of the work of the U.S.-Africa Business Forum, organized as part of the second day of the U.S.-Africa Summit, the Prime Minister took part Wednesday evening at a dinner at the White House, hosted by U.S. President Joe Biden, in honor of the Heads of State and Government attending the summit.
Chairing the forum, Biden announced in his speech several trade initiatives and new investments in Africa, and called for a stronger partnership.
He said that an agreement had been concluded to encourage a free trade area with “the mobilization of one billion dollars to improve electronic payments over the next five years in Africa.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy