APS :Tuesday, 26 March 2019
PRETORIA (South Africa)- Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Ramtane Lamamra welcomed Tuesday, in Pretoria, the commitment by the member countries of the Southern African Development Community
(SADC) in favour of Western Sahara cause, stressing that the conference of solidarity with the Saharawi people is a timely and relative initiative.
During the second day of the Conference of Solidarity with the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) held in South Africa’s capital, Ramtane Lamamra welcomed SADC member countries’ commitment to Western Sahara cause, saying that the solidarity conference is a timely and relevant initiative.
Conveying the warm greetings of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to the SADC heads of state and government and the other leaders invited to the meeting, the deputy Prime Minister reiterated Algeria’s support to struggles in Africa for independence and sovereignty, including Western Sahara conflict, an issue dating back to 40 years ago.
The speaker expressed satisfaction with Pretoria’s conference of solidarity with Western Sahara people in the country of the late Nelson Mandela, the historic leader of South Africa.
The deputy Prime Minister said the meeting comes at a time marked by UN Secretary General’s special envoy for Western Sahara, Horst Kohler, to revive negotiations between the two parties to the conflict, namely Morocco and the Polisario Front, to find a fair and lasting solution ensuring Saharawi people’s right to self-determination in line with the UN resolutions.
Concerning the process for the resolution of the conflict, Lamamra expressed regret for Morocco’s lack of political will.”
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie