APS : Wednesday, 04 March 2020
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received on Wednesday Spanish Minister for Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, Arancha Gonzalez Laya, on a visit to Algiers, said a press release from the Presidency of the Republic. During this meeting, the two parties reviewed “the excellence of the political relations existing between the two countries,” and agreed on the need to work to “raise the level of cooperation by revitalizing mechanisms of coordination, consultation and cooperation.”
On that occasion, Tebboune expressed his “thanks” to Spain for its pioneering position through its support for the holding of presidential elections in Algeria. Spain also welcomed the results of these elections.
The President also welcomed the soon-to-be visit of the Spanish Prime Minister.
The views of the two parties converged on a number of “regional and international issues, including the situation in Libya and the Sahel.”
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune