APS : Wednesday, 30 September 2020
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Wednesday received a phone call from President of the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord (GNA) Faïz Serradj, with whom he discussed the latest developments of the crisis in Libya, said the Presidency of the Republic in a statement.
“The President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Wednesday received evening a phone call from his brother Faïz Serradj, chairman of the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord (GNA) of the brotherly Libyan state, with whom he discussed the latest developments in the Libyan crisis,” the statement said.
“During this telephone conversation, the President of the Republic responded favourably to the request of Faïz Serradj for urgent assistance to repair a breakdown in the power plant supplying Tripoli. In this regard, the President of the Republic instructed the energy minister to send, tomorrow Thursday, a technical team of the Algerian Electricity and Gas Company (Sonelgaz) to the capital of this sister country,” the same source said.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum