APS : Thursday, 06 February 2020
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Thursday received Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister, Emir Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah bin Faisal Al Saud who handed him a letter from the Custodian
of the two Holy Places of Islam King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, inviting him to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
“I was honoured to extend the greetings of the Custodian of the two Holy Places to President Tebboune and to hand him an invitation to visit Saudi Arabia, his second country, at the time he deems appropriate,” stated Saudi FM ahead of his meeting with President Tebboune.
The meeting was an opportunity to “consult on long-standing bilateral relations dating back to the war of national liberation,” he said, reaffirming his country’s commitment “to the development of these relations and their promotion at higher levels.”
The diplomat who underlined the two countries’ “convergent views” on “several issues” and expressed his country’s commitment to “coordination with Algeria on everything that can serve the interests of the Arab-Muslim world.”
The meeting took place in the presence of the chief of staff of the Presidency of the Republic Noureddine Ayadi, Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum, Secretary of State for the National Community and Experts Abroad Rachid Bladehane and Minister Advisor for Communication, Official Spokesman of the Presidency of the Republic Belaïd Mohand Oussaid.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification