APS : Wednesday, 19 February 2020
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received Tuesday, in Algiers, Director of the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia Department at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Jihad Azour,
who is on a working visit to Algeria, said a communiqué of the Presidency of the Republic.
The meeting focused on the cooperation between Algeria and IMF, notably in the field of “economic governance and modernization of fiscal and customs departments” of Finance Ministry, said the source.
Azour welcomed “President Tebboune’s strong willingness to fight against corruption and squandering and to build a modern economy” based on the diversification of growth, general implementation of digital technology and the development of national production to reduce the dependence on hydrocarbons.
Director of the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia Department at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) was received previously by Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad.
This meeting which is part of “the periodic missions of IMF’s experts” was an opportunity for both sides to underline “the quality of their relations.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune