APS : Sunday, 05 July 2020
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune paid a final tribute Sunday at the Palace of Culture (Algiers) to the 24 Algerian resistance fighters, including the skulls repatriated Friday in France.
In an atmosphere marked by solemnity and emotions, President Tebboune read the Fatiha Sura in memory of late shuhada.
Followed by the presidential cortege, the funeral cortege made its way to El Alia cemetery where the remains, sequestrated by France for more than one century, will be buried at “the Square of Martyrs.”
Previously, Tebboune paid tribute to the memory of the martyrs of the glorious National Liberation War at the Martyrs’ sanctuary under the celebration of the 58th anniversary of the country’s independence.
After greeting the Republican Guard that honoured him, President Tebboune, who was accompanied by high-ranking government and military officials, laid a wreath of flowers before the commemorative stele and read the Fatiha in memory of the Liberation War martyrs.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart