APS : Sunday, 26 June 2022
ORAN- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune kicked off the 19thMediterranan Games 2022, in a ceremony held Saturday evening in Miloud Hadefi Olympic Complex Stadium in Oran.
“On behalf of all of you, welcome to all our guests and the delegations, especially the guest of honour the Emir of the State of Qatar, his Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani. I declare open the 19th Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran (432-km west of Algiers). Long Live Algeria,” President Tebboune said.
The opening ceremony was attended by other distinguished guests, such as the Captains Regent of San Marino, Oscar Mina and Paolo Rondelli, the Vice President of Turkey Fuat Oktay, the Interior Minister of Italy, Luciana Lamorgese, and the secretary general of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), Nasser Kamel.
The kickoff was preceded by a culturally and artistically rich opening ceremony, full of rhythm and colour, including a fireworks show.
The artistic programme featured 20 pictures with the participation of 800 people, including artists, dancers, and image and lighting engineers.
A total of 3,390 athletes from 26 countries are competing in 19th edition of the Mediterranean Games (June 25 to July 6) in Oran.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization