APS :THURSDAY 16 JANUARY 2020
ALGIERS – President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune and Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte held Thursday talks in the headquarters of the Presidency of the Republic.
The Italian premier arrived earlier in Algiers for a working visit. He held discussions with Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad at the Government Palace.
This visit which is “part of the international community’s efforts to resolving the conflict in Libya and bring a lasting solution, will help the officials of the two countries to continue and enlarge their consultation on the Libyan crisis but also on regional and international issues of common interest,” said a statement of the foreign affairs ministry.
“It should be emphasized that the Algerian diplomacy is particularly engaged in the Libyan question. For several weeks, Algeria is campaining for creating the conditions conducive to the effective relaunch of inter-Libyan dialogue and the UN peace initiative.
These efforts have notably contributed to ceasefire,” added the source.
Furthermore, the visit of the Italian Prime Minister to Algeria represents “an opportunity for officials of the two countries to examine bilateral files and review the main bilateral meeting, in particular the High Level Bilateral Meeting, to be held in Algiers during the first half of 2020.”
- Hold of the eleventh session of the Algerian-French political consultations
- Signing a cooperation agreement and exchange of information and data with the Ministry of Finance
- وزارة التكوين المهني تفتح مجال التكوين لفائدة أفراد الجالية الجزائرية المقيمة بالخارج
- Despite US veto, Algeria determined to make Palestine’s voice heard within Security Council
- Gaza ceasefire: Security Council fails to bring Algeria’s efforts to fruition