APS : Tuesday, 31 May 2016
ALGIERS- President of the French National Assembly Claude Bartolone will pay, from Wednesday, a three-day official visit to Algeria at the invitation of Speaker of the People’s National Assembly Mohamed-Larbi Ould Khelifa.
“Several high-level talks will be granted to Claude Bartolone, notably by Ould Khelifa. He will also be received by several other Algerian top officials,” said a communiqué of the People’s National Assembly.
During this visit, Ould Khelifa will chair with his French counterpart the works of the high interparliamentary commission in which the two sides will broach several issues of common interest, particularly the Algerian-French partnership in the fields of investment and trade as well as security and fight against terrorism in the Mediterranean region,” said the source.
The People’s National Assembly and the French National Assembly signed in 2007 a memorandum of cooperation agreement in which the two sides committed to “continuing the joint initiatives aimed at deepening mutual understanding and cooperation between the two chambers on issues of common interest.”
This includes notably the creation of a high interparliamentary commission to strengthen the political dialogue.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister