APS : Wednesday, 24 February 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika received Wednesday, in Algiers, President of the Organization of the African Trade Union Unity (OATUU) Françis Atwoli.
The audience took place in the presence of Secretary General of the General Union of Algerian Workers (UGTA) Abdelmadjid Sidi-Said and Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Security Mohamed El-Ghazi.
Françis Atwoli is in Algeria at the head of a large delegation of OATUU as part of the celebration of the double anniversary of UGTA’s creation and hydrocarbon nationalization.
In a statement to the press after the audience, Atwoli said he broached with the head of State “several issues facing currently OATUU.”
“President Bouteflika expressed his full support to OATUU and said that he will contact his African counterparts to benefit the workers from the experience of this organization through training cycles in Algeria,” he added.
He said he is impressed by President Bouteflika’s “deep knowledge” of the issues facing the African continent.
OATUU’s president said that he gave the “prize of peace” to the head of State for his national reconciliation policy, which has had an “echo in Algeria and Africa.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation