APS : Wednesday 24 February 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been honoured Wednesday in Algiers by the Organization of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU),
which has awarded him the “Peace Prize” for his national reconciliation policy.
The Secretary General of the OATUU, who is in Algeria as part of the 60th anniversary of the creation of the General Union of Algerian Workers (UGTA) and the 45thanniversary of the nationalization of hydrocarbons was received by the head of State, to whom he handed over a prize.
For his part, UGTA’s Secretary General Abdelmadjid Sidi-Said handed over to the Head of State an UGTA honorary membership card and a special motion in which UGTA leadership and all Algerian workers welcome all the decisions made by the Head of State to build a national productive and competitive economy.
In the motion, the General Union of Algerian Workers greets President Bouteflika’s efforts to promote social dialogue, protect Algerian workers’ rights and preserve their purchasing power.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation