APS : Sunday, 26 February 2017
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika was honoured Sunday by South-North Mediterranean Dialogue Foundation and the Algerian Network for the South-North Dialogue, in recognition of his commitment to the Euro-Mediterranean Dialogue.
The two Euro-Mediterranean foundations handed over the award to Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, in a ceremony held on the occasion of the celebration of the 11th anniversary marking the Dialogue Day, at the Civil Society Academy headquarters in Algiers.
In this respect, Messahel said he was honoured to receive, on behalf of President Bouteflika, the distinction awarded to the president of the Republic, a “man of peace and dialogue.”
The distinction has been awarded to President Bouteflika for his “efforts and commitment to the promotion of dialogue in the region and the world,” the chairwoman of the Algerian Network for the South-North Dialogue, Yasmina Taya, told APS.
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent