APS : Friday, 21 October 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika hailed Friday the role of the Algerian women in the past, present and future of Algeria.
In a message on the eve of the celebration of the National Press Day, the Head of State affirmed that “it was my honour to accept that the President of the Republic’s Prize for the Professional Journalist has a theme “Algerian women, basis of economic and social development.”
“Why not to accept, knowing that the national press body is predominantly made up of female journalists? Why not to accept, given also that the Algerian women have made the history of Algeria, its present and its future?” added President Bouteflika.
The Head of State seized this opportunity “to pay tribute to our mujaheedat (female war veterans) and martyrs who had greatly contributed to the glorious revolution of November.”
“In Algeria of independence, Women have marked their presence and shown their efficiency in all the fields. They have shown their resistance each time Algeria was confronted to ordeals and difficulties,” added President Bouteflika.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation