APS : Monday, 30 January 2017
ADDIS ABABA- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been elected, by his African peers, vice-chairman of the African Union (AU), for a one year term, in the 28th ordinary summit whose works started Monday in Addis Ababa, said the Algerian delegation.
The summit, whose works are held behind closed doors, has elected also three vice-chairmen, each representing a region of the continent for a renewable one year term.
Guinean President Alpha Conde has been elected AU’s chairman for the year 2017, replacing Chadian President Idriss Deby.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region