APS : Wednesday, 21 December 2016
HAVANA (Cuba)- The president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika was decorated with Al Mahdi Ben Barka’s Order of Solidarity of the Organization of solidarity of the people of Asia, Africa, and Latin America’s (OSPAAAL) for his “very important” role in the defense of the causes of the third world countries and the decolonization in the world.
This order was given to President Bouteflika for his “remarkable revolutionary career and his qualities of valiant fighter against colonial domination, and defense of the Algerian national cause,” said the OSPAAAL’s secretariat general in a solemn ceremony at the Jose Marti memorial in Havana.
Bouteflika “played a very important role in the consolidation of the organizations of third world countries and the strengthening of their unity of action, particularly the Non-Aligned Movement and the group of 77,” said the source, adding that the head of State “has always defended the processes of decolonization in the world.”
The order was given to the Algerian ambassador to Cuba Mohamed Achache by José Ramon Balaguer Cabrera, member of the Secretariat and head of the international relations’ department of the Cuban communist party’s central committee during this ceremony.
- وزارة التكوين المهني تفتح مجال التكوين لفائدة أفراد الجالية الجزائرية المقيمة بالخارج
- Despite US veto, Algeria determined to make Palestine’s voice heard within Security Council
- Gaza ceasefire: Security Council fails to bring Algeria’s efforts to fruition
- Genocidal war on Gaza: Algeria bemoans UNSC’s failure to rise to calls, aspirations of peoples
- Minister Attaf receives Kazakh Deputy Foreign Minister