Portuguese FM highlights quality of Algerian-Portuguese relations
APS : MONDAY 22 JANUARY 2018
ALGIERS- The Portuguese minister of Foreign Affairs Augusto Santos Silva highlighted Sunday, in Algiers, the quality of the “longstanding relations” between Algeria and Portugal.
“Algeria and Portugal have excellent and longstanding relations,” said Silva at the end of a meeting with the minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel, recalling the “Algerian State’s support to the Portuguese democratic opposition against the dictatorial regime.”
The Portuguese minister also said that the two countries have “a good cooperation” at the political and institutional level and share the same vision on many issues, particularly concerning the fight against terrorism and stability in the Mediterranean region.
At the economic level, Silva said that the Algerian-Portuguese economic cooperation is “very interesting.”
In this regard, he spoke about the holding, in Algiers, of a preparatory meeting to the High level meeting scheduled for May in Lisbon (Portugal).
The audience took place on the sidelines of the works of the 14th conference of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the 5+5 Dialogue in Western Mediterranean.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée