Saturday, 25 November 2017
ALGIERS-Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski on Saturday started a two-day official visit to Algeria at the invitation of his Algerian counterpart Abdelkader Messahel.
Waszczykowski was welcomed upon his arrival in to Houari Boumediene International Airport by his Messahel.
This visit “is an important step in the revival of bilateral relations between Algeria and Poland, and will culminate in the installation of a joint economic, trade, scientific and technical cooperation committee,” said the Foreign Ministry communiqué.
After installing the committee, which has multisectoral prerogatives and includes periodic monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, the two countries intend to promote bilateral cooperation and take advantage of the complementary comparative advantages of their economies,” said the ministry.
According to the ministry, “Messahel and his Polish counterpart will assess bilateral relations and prospects of their development.”
They will also discuss “regional and international issues of common interest.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation