APS : Wednesday, 25 November 2015
CHAHID EL-HAFEDH- General Secretariat of the Polisario Front welcomed the “inalienable” position of Algeria based on international legality, and its “unwavering” support to the Saharawi cause, recently reaffirmed by the President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika during his meeting with the Saharawi President Mohamed Abdelaziz.
The Polisario Front welcomed the position of Algeria vis-à-vis the Saharawi cause in a statement after the board meeting of its General Secretariat held on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Mohamed Abdelaziz, President of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) and Secretary General of the Polisario Front, said the Sahrawi news agency (SPS).
The meeting focused on the meeting that brought together last Sunday Algerian and Sahrawi presidents Abdelaziz Bouteflika and Mohamed Abdelaziz, said the source.
For the General Secretariat of the Polisario Front, “Algeria’s position refers to the Charter and the resolutions of international legality,” the Polisario Front affirmed, hailing “the unfailing support of Algeria and its full solidarity with the people Saharawi in their just struggle for the exercise of their right to self-determination and independence through a free and transparent democratic referendum under the aegis of the UN.”
Furthermore, the Polisario Front welcomed recognition of the campaigns of the Sahrawi Republic and solidarity with the Saharawi people worldwide.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan