APS : Sunday, 18 December 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- The Under-Secretary General for Peacekeeping operations Hérvé Ladsous hailed Sunday, the efforts made by the African Union (AU) for the preservation of peace and security in the continent, adding that the Africa-UN partnership is based on “mutual trust.”
The African Union works for the preservation of peace and security in the Continent as “it has good knowledge of the conflict zones and the capacity of rapid deployment, the issue of means being important in such operations, the UN can support these efforts when necessary as it is the case in several African countries,” said Ladsous in a statement on the sidelines of the 4th High level seminar on peace and security, taking place in Oran.
The Africa-UN partnership is based on mutual trust and we constantly work for its consolidation, especially as it is likely to establish the appropriate mechanisms to maintain peace and to overcome difficulties, added the UN official.
Regarding the situation in Mali, Ladsous called on all signatories to the peace and reconciliation agreement, which resulted from the Algiers process, to work together to achieve peace in the country, deploring the attacking targeting the UN mission in Mali (MINUSMA).
Ladsous represents the UN in the 4th High level seminar on peace and security, which started Saturday in Oran with the participation of several African countries, experts and representatives of African and UN organization and will broach several issues and themes relating to peace and security in Africa.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée