APS : Wednesday, 01 February 2017
ABU DHABI- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel has reaffirmed, Wednesday in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Algeria’s inalienable stance in favour of the peaceful resolution of conflicts and non-interference in internal affairs of other countries.
“Algeria is committed to the principles of non-interference in internal affairs of other counties, the respect for their sovereignty and the promotion of a political approach based on political solution through inclusive dialogue and national reconciliation for the resolution of conflicts shaking some Arab countries,” said Messahel in his address at the 4th Arab-Russian Cooperation Forum in Abu Dhabi.
As regards the crisis in Libya, the minister underlined that Algeria “has made huge efforts to encourage Libyan parties to achieve consensual agreement based on a political solution and national reconciliation, through an inclusive dialogue between all parties, except terrorist groups recognized as such by the United Nations, with a view to preserving the territorial integrity of Libya and the unity of its people, without foreign interference.”
Messahel hailed the numerous visits of active Libyan parties to Algeria and Algeria’s intense efforts to “bridging views and reaching a Libyan political agreement, likely to resolve the crisis in the brotherly country.”
The minister also hailed the “achievements made by Libyans in the fight against terrorism in Sirte, Benghazi and other Libyan cities.”
- Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions