APS : Wednesday, 01 February 2017
ABU DHABI- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel has reaffirmed, Wednesday in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Algeria’s inalienable stance in favour of the peaceful resolution of conflicts and non-interference in internal affairs of other countries.
“Algeria is committed to the principles of non-interference in internal affairs of other counties, the respect for their sovereignty and the promotion of a political approach based on political solution through inclusive dialogue and national reconciliation for the resolution of conflicts shaking some Arab countries,” said Messahel in his address at the 4th Arab-Russian Cooperation Forum in Abu Dhabi.
As regards the crisis in Libya, the minister underlined that Algeria “has made huge efforts to encourage Libyan parties to achieve consensual agreement based on a political solution and national reconciliation, through an inclusive dialogue between all parties, except terrorist groups recognized as such by the United Nations, with a view to preserving the territorial integrity of Libya and the unity of its people, without foreign interference.”
Messahel hailed the numerous visits of active Libyan parties to Algeria and Algeria’s intense efforts to “bridging views and reaching a Libyan political agreement, likely to resolve the crisis in the brotherly country.”
The minister also hailed the “achievements made by Libyans in the fight against terrorism in Sirte, Benghazi and other Libyan cities.”
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina