Participation in the Ambassador for a Day Initiative
Within the annual “Ambassador for a Day 2021″ initiative organised by the British Embassy in Sofia under the patronage of Ms. Iliana IOTOVA, Vice-President of the Republic, Ambassador Latifa Benazza dedicated the day of 19 February 2021 to activities with Miss Gabriela Gancheva, one of the 23 winners selected by competition and attached each either to the Vice-President of the Republic, or to a female ambassador accredited in Bulgaria, in order to allow these young Bulgarian girls to get an idea of future opportunities they can exploit to be useful to their country.
Ms. Blagovesta Nikolova, CEO of Time Heroes, a NGO involved in volunteering and also taking part in the Ambassador for a Day initiative, joined these activities placed this year under the theme: “If you were Ambassador for a day, how would you help Bulgaria recover after the COVID-19 pandemic, and what would be your top three priority areas?”
The Ambassador briefed Miss Gancheva on the Covid-19 situation in Algeria, the forms of combating the pandemic being the theme of the 2021 edition of the initiative.
Discussions continued over a lunch at the Algerian Residence where the two guests had the opportunity to watch a documentary on tourism in Algeria.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony