APS : Friday, 11 May 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria was elected Thursday vice-president of the Pan-African Parliament (PAP) for the North-African group, at the 6th session of the fourth legislature of the PAP in Midrand,
South Africa, with participation of 55 African countries, the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament) said Friday in a statement.
Algerian MP Djamel has been designated as deputy of the North-African countries at the executive board of the Pan-African Parliament after he received 97 votes, the statement said.
North-Africa group of the Pan-African Parliament includes Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Western Sahara, Mauritania and Morocco.
The Algerian Parliament has taken part in the congress with a delegation made up of members from both houses.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony