APS : Friday, 11 May 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria was elected Thursday vice-president of the Pan-African Parliament (PAP) for the North-African group, at the 6th session of the fourth legislature of the PAP in Midrand,
South Africa, with participation of 55 African countries, the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament) said Friday in a statement.
Algerian MP Djamel has been designated as deputy of the North-African countries at the executive board of the Pan-African Parliament after he received 97 votes, the statement said.
North-Africa group of the Pan-African Parliament includes Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Western Sahara, Mauritania and Morocco.
The Algerian Parliament has taken part in the congress with a delegation made up of members from both houses.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation