Ould Khelifa holds discussions with Pan-African Parliament's speaker
APS : Monday, 10 October 2016
ALGIERS- Speaker of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House of Parliament) Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa held discussions, Monday in Sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt), with Speaker of the Pan-African Parliament Roger Ndoko Dang, said the Lower House in a communiqué.
During the discussions, held on the sidelines of the Arab Parliament-PanAfrican Parliament joint meeting, the two speakers examined “cooperation between the two institutions as well as political, economic and strategic challenges in the African continent.”
In this regard, the African Parliament’s speaker hailed “Algeria’s pioneer and pivotal role under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika for the achievement of the African Union Agenda 2063 for the African development.”
In addition, he underlined Algeria’s role in “the resolution of conflicts and its contribution to the building of the national capacities of many African countries,” said the Lower House’s statement.
Larbi Ould Khelifa also held talks with the Speaker of the Sahrawi National Council, Khatri Eddouh, on the current situation in the region and the developments of the Sahrawi question.
Khatri Eddouh hailed “the constant position of Algeria and its President for the Western Sahara cause, Africa’s last colony, supporting Sahrawi people’s right to self-determination, in accordance with UN resolutions”.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée