APS : Tuesday, 13 December 2016
ALGERIA-Algeria and Nigeria are linked by “strong historical” relations strengthened by various common cooperation projects, stressed Tuesday Vice President of Nigeria Yemi Osinbajo.
“Algeria and Nigeria are linked by strong historical relations strengthened by various agreements signed part of the High Algeria-Nigerian bilateral Commission,” Osinbajo told the press following an audience with President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
In this regard, the Nigerian official recalled common projects between the two countries, like the Algiers-Lagos trans-Saharan highway linking Nigeria to Europe through Algeria, and the Algiers-Abuja optical fiber network.
Osinbajo stated that the meeting with President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika was an opportunity to discuss “political and counterterrorism” cooperation between Algeria and Nigeria.
“President Bouteflika expressed his support to Nigeria in its fight against terrorism and radicalism,” said Osinbajo whose country is facing Boko Haram terrorist group.
Osinbajo arrived Tuesday in Algiers for a two-day visit to strengthen ties of friendship between the two countries.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار